Tuesday Morning Talmud
Tuesdays at 8am
Talmud Fall 2017
- Shabbat 21b: What is Hanukkah all about, anyway?
- Shabbat 33b: Solitary confinement or solitary refinement?
- Shabbat 37-38: The perplexing plata
- Shabbat 43a and 46b: Davar she’eyno mitkaven – Questions of Intent
- Shabbat 88a: holding the mountain over Israel like a barrel (the validity of the covenant)
- Shabbat 119a: Joseph who honors Shabbat
- Shabbat 156b: The principle of Ein Mazal beYisrael, Israel has no astrological sign
- Eruvin 13b: Elu ve’elu: these and those are the words of the living God
- Pesahim 66a: Hillel and the Passover sacrifice
- Pesahim 108a, 116a: The Passover Seder
- Pesahim 119b-120a: What exactly is the afikomen that we eat at the seder?
Spring 2018 or Fall 2019
- Shekalim 14b: Moses and money
- Yoma 23a: Kohanim gone wild: When blood is spilled at the altar
- Sukkah 29b-30a: Can one perform a mitzvah with something stolen?
For Further Reading